Saturday, December 7, 2013

Soup recipe because people asked

Tomato Bisque (same thing as soup)
Makes about 4 servings

1.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small celery stalks, trimmed and finely chopped
1 medium leek (or onion. I can't find leeks around here, so I don't know how much difference using one or the other would make), cleaned and finely chopped
1 28-ounce can peeled, round (not plum) tomatoes, with their liquid.
1/8 cup [I think that's about 2 tablespoons? I don't actually measure this one] dry sherry
About 1/4 cup light cream
Seasonings! It calls for salt and pepper, but I generally just use basil.

1.  Heat the butter in a heavy, large saucepan over medium heat just until it begins to brown in spots [or be lazy and just do it 'til it melts like I do].  Add the celery and leeks/onion and cook, stirring, until wilted--about 5minutes.  Meanwhile, pour the tomatoes in a bowl. Pull out the core from each tomato and discard.  Crush the tomatoes with your hands.

2-Add the sherry to the pan, bring to a boil, and cook until almost completely evaporated [I boil it for about 5 minutes and then go on, even if it's not evaporated]. Add the tomates and liquid and bring to a boil.  Adjust the heat so the liquid is simmering. Cover and cook 20 minutes.  Let sit off the heat until cooled to room temperature [it takes about half an hour for me].

3. Puree the soup in a food processor [or blender] until smooth.  Pass the soup through a fine mesh sieve into a saucepan large enough to hold it. Use the back of a ladle to push as much of the soup as possible through the sieve and discard the leftover solids. [or skip the straining and just dump it in the pan. I like the texture it has; makes me feel like I'm eating food intsead of drinking it, lol].
Stir in the cream to taste.  The soup can be prepared to this point up to two days in advance.

 4.  Reheat the soup and season to taste; serve hot.

I like to add a little sour cream and cheddar cheese to mine.  I dumped a spoon of diced jalapenos in it once, too, which ended up being pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus. Soreness/Injury  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Hepatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  HeartBurn, Erysipelas, Thyroid, Relapsing polychondritis,  Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Smallpox, Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Depression,  Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dying in pain and full of heartbreak. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony of herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contacted him to try my luck, we talked and he sent me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cured totally. I don't really know how it happens but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete